Wednesday, January 14, 2009

If it ain't one thing... it is TWO things!!

Oh all you older and wiser women... I sure hope you are right about the fact that someday I will find all these things funny and/or will miss them. Because today the twins' antics about sent Momma to the loony bin and had Daddy asking, "Why are we having two more?" which in turn almost made hormonal pregnant Momma start crying, "Because we LOVE THEM!!" ... we do love them right?? (totally just kidding)

Anyway so what could possibly top the chocolate milk mountain of yesterday?? Well not one thing but several things all together. I swear I was only downstairs for about 1 minute and 30 seconds TOPS. When RaeLynn came running into the office (new instructions as of yesterday, do not stand at the stairs and yell, come in the room and get mommy) "the twins are in the water cooler!!" Oh were they.... Ashley was filling up a cup and throwing the water at Alyssa and then dumping the rest on herself. Not just one or two cup fulls but 1/2 of the 5 gal. jugs worth... enough to ruin ANOTHER TWO ceiling tiles in the basement... yes enough water to run down the walls into the basement before RaeLynn (what a sweet helper) and I could get it all towled up. Once again the babies had to be stripped out of wet clothing and sentenced to baby jail.

Hmmm... now that leads me to #2 Baby Jail no longer will work. Alyssa has mastered crawling out of the crib... her landing however is not so graceful and at one point today I thought she may have broken something. Well I recovered from the near drowning in the kitchen (which by the way I TRIED to take a picture of but it didn't turn out), made lunch and got the twinks off to nap time. Well I hear crazy laughter and go in to tell them to go to sleep and here is Alyssa in Ashley's crib!!?? She crawled over the edge of her crib and into her sister's. Ashley was in the process of giving her a "boost" back over! Then after 3 rounds of this and having to have Daddy come and lay down the law, a loud crash sounded from inside their room... I open the door and who should be standing there?? Alyssa Jo.

Needless to say we are transforming cribs to toddler beds tonight. UGH. I need a nap.

3 comments:

Heather Rodriguez said...

CRIB TENTS!!! Go get them!! Now! :) LOL!

And I am not of the older and wiser bunch, but I am thinking you will look back and love this because that water story picture in my head was hilarious!

Oh the joys of mothering many!

The Normal Family said...

The actual water thing was hilarious! And they were having so much fun... if only they would have been outside playing in the hose and not using up all the good drinking water! LOL... it is funnier after I have had a few hours to dwell on it.

Carolyn said...

Hey girl!! I am just now discovering your blog. Let me just say... if there is any way possible (I know it may not be possible as you might now want to have 4 cribs at once...) get crib tents!! I used to have the world's best sleepers, but once we went to "big girl beds" it just went downhill. I've heard the longer you can keep them in cribs, the better, and I have to say that now I agree. We used crib tents for a year and the girls LOVED them. (Wish we could still get away with it now!)