I am feeling that familiar mommy saddness today as another year is passed on the calendar, marked by a child's birthday. Well in this case, two birthdays. My babies Ashley and Alyssa have officially passed into toddlerhood today, their 2nd Birthday.
We actually celebrated this past Friday when I took the kids up to visit my Grandma. We didn't do anything big this year, just some cousins, some cake and a few gifts. When you have 5 girls you really don't need many more to make it a full blown party!! Their new favorite thing to say is "Happy Bersday" and I get that wished me several times a day. And of course we are working on holding up two fingers to show our age! Ashley loved her new clothes and her favorite gift was her Dora Backpack from Grandma Gail. Alyssa loves the new puzzles she got but was not too sure about her crazy family when we broke out into song... she broke out into tears when we began to sing Happy Birthday. (hey noone has ever accused a single member of my family with having a good voice, apparently Alyssa agrees)
All in all it has been a good year. A few bumps, a couple bruises and one or two black eyes. This has possibly been the fastest year on the calendar so far for our little family. I know they say every year goes faster but I don't see how that is possible. Maybe I will have a little chat with God to see if he can slow down our next trip around the sun.
2 comments:
Amen. It goes by too fast! Happy Birthday to the A's!
Happy birthday girls! I agree time goes by to fast.
Post a Comment