Wednesday, March 25, 2009

BIG babies!!

Well as most of you know we had our 27-28 week appointment yesterday. 1st was my glucose and hemoglobin tests which I passed with flying colors, Hallelujah! Then we headed to my ultrasound, which Grandma Bev got to come watch with us. All doubts were erased, we are FOR SURE having two more baby girls! They estimated the weights to be 2lbs 6oz and 2lbs 11oz, which is BIG even for one baby. (no wonder my tummy is getting so big!) 2lbs 6oz is a little closer to average. The weight difference was also enough to make the Doctor want to see me a little more often, so I have another u/s in two weeks. More than likely it is nothing because they have their own sacs and own placentas so that pretty much rules out any chance of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS) but there are cases where Frat twins do something called "Surface Transfer" when one baby can still steal from the other baby. So anyway that is what we will be watching for. Besides that my BP was really nice and low, 108/66, I only gained 2 pounds and my cervix is still closed. Doctor joked that he "felt funny" giving me any advice because I have "been there done that" and really don't need his help to get through this again. LOL I forgot my u/s pics upstairs so I will post some little video clips later today!!

1 comment:

Heather Rodriguez said...

Awesome! You are a rock star!! My twins had some surface transfer... no biggie! :)