Monday, November 24, 2008

BLLLLLAAAAAHHHHHH

Blah. One word to sum up how I have felt over the last 10 weeks 4 days (yes this is going to be a long pregnancy, I am already counting the days...heehee). Now don't get me wrong the emotional side of it has been an amazing roller coaster of excitement, joy, pure awe, and maybe a little panic. We are totally blessed with this pregnancy. But the physical and hormonal side? A whole other story!! I have gone from days of being violently ill to days of feeling so amazing I clean my house top to bottom, finish all the laundry and maybe make some cookies. But everyday in between is filled with moodiness, aches and pains, nausea, exhaustion, heartburn and severe headaches. I finally gave in and started taking my prescription for the headaches, I was trying to ward them off with small doses of caffeine along with Tylenol. I know I know, there are a lot of people out there worse off than me during pregnancy, but hey it's my blog I can cry if I want to, cry if I want to.

WARNING: MOOD SWING IN PROGRESS, READ THE FOLLOWING AT YOUR OWN RISK!! (heehee everytime I hear the word mood swing I think of my late friend Niki, I can just picture her swinging her arm back and forth saying "watch out MOOOODDDD Swing LOL sorry you had to know her to get that... something had to bring a smile to my face today!)

Well as long as I am complaining I am going to add my biggest woe to date. You negative people out there who are insisting on letting me know how insanely hard my life is going to become in about 7 months!! "Oh my goodness what are you going to do? You are going to have four kids under 2, all in diapers, and they will probably all cry all day all at once and you are going to go broke and your house is going to fall down around you and have you made your reservation at the looney bin yet and and and...." Seriously, thanks for the "encouragement" like I hadn't thought of all that already but thanks for making it worse and nearly sending me into a complete panic during this conversation! Oh and by the way thanks for letting me know what an awesome mother you think I am, and that you sound so willing to help once these babies come!! Grrrr..... LOL okay have to stop and laugh at myself for a minute. Anyway, the point of my hormonal ramblings is this... Do I think this is going to be a walk in the park? No, of course not. Am I totally crazy happy I am having twins again? YES... not everyone gets the opportunity to do this! We have a great sense of peace, scratch that... HAD a great sense of peace over this whole pregnancy when we 1st found out it was twins again. We promised ourselves we weren't going to let these naysayers get to us and that we would smile and say "oh don't worry about us we are ecstatic and God is with us, we will be okay." We still do say that but in my mind I have let myself start thinking..."OMGosh they are right AAACCCCKKK I am gonna' run away from home to never never land!!" You may think I am being silly but honestly you would probably not believe the number of times a day we hear something totally horrid and negative about this pregnancy and you really wouldn't believe how many of those comments come from our friends and family members. Negative comments can really start to wear on you. It has also made me start a check list in my head of "those NOT to ask for help" because we are not crazy we know we are going to need help sometimes, but for the most part we already know who those people are who are willing to help. Sorry I am on such a rampage here but it has really gotten bad, my poor hubby was "home" the other weekend on a hunting trip and called to tell me he never wanted to move back because of how rude and negative people were to him about the babies and the size of our family. This is laughable if you knew the average size of family in our hometown!! It is also laughable if you personally know my hubby and realize HE is complaining about OTHER people being so negative... he pretty much is a glass half empty kind of guy... but NEVER about our kids or the kids about to come. He said, "honey I want these babies so bad and I don't care if people think we are crazy!" Shhhhh, don't tell him I told you he was being lovey dovey!

Alright naptime is almost over and all I accomplished was getting my blood pressure up! But really I don't care if anyone reads this post it felt really good to get this all out!!

5 comments:

Shawna E said...

Hey There, settle down I can almost imagine your blood pressure on the Rise !!! I do think you are crazy but i have always thought that since we met! But Crazy only in the way you are like freakishly OCD clean, so freakin patient and calm (until today)! SO basicly you should know that I admire you, and think you are one of the strongest, most patient loving mother ever. All your kids are Lucky to have such a great mother and such a big loving family!!!
SCREW WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS!!! As long as you and yours are happy that is all that matters!!
Love Ya

Amber said...

I ditto exactly everything Shawna said! You are an awesome person and a wonderful mother. You CAN DO IT! I know you can. I know how hard it is to ignore other people's stupidity and how much it can grate your very last nerve! You just keep doing what you're doing, cause it is just fine. And I'll let ya know about having three kids in diapers in a month or so. It can't be as bad as everyone says, can it? And who cares if your house it messy, at least your children are all fed and warm and loved. See, I'm justifying my messy house at the same time. ;-) I'm sure my Grandma would be a great person to ask for advice, should you choose to want any more advice these days. hehe Seriously though, people's ignorance and hurtful comments come from their fear of being in your shoes. Thank goodness they aren't, cause they would be the ones hauled off to the looney bin. Yep, I typed all of this while in my cheerleader uniform, haha, a pregnant cheerleader. I'm rooting for you! Love you!

Heather Rodriguez said...

wooo, just reading that wore me out!!

One thing I had to comment on was dont feel bad about taking the headache meds!! I have taken tylenol with codeine with all of my oregnancies because I get migraines... I fell your pain!

Sparks said...

Holy crap! I can't believe people are giving you so many problems allready. To hell with them all! Although I have never met you I think you are an awesome mommy! The love and devotion you show to your girls is amazing. That is how a mother should be. So maybe everything you want or the girls want you can't get right away. You all will apperciate it more when you are able to get it. You will be richer in other ways!

Nobody has ever said that life is easy, it wasn't ment to be that way either. God never gives us more that we can handle at one time. Although at times we think he's a little crazy! Great things will come from this.

ps. if my MIL can have two sets of twins 2 years and 2 weeks apart exactly and still be somewhat sane, you'll do just fine!!

The Normal Family said...

Thanks everyone... this is why I come here to vent... I know where my friends are!! LOVE YOU ALL!! Thanks for the support!
Briana