With a family of seven, soon to be nine, you can imagine we hear some pretty funny stuff. Taylor and RaeLynn are the ring leaders of comedy in our home. I just wanted to share a few of our stories 1) because I am sure someone will get a laugh and 2) because I am finally taking that advice I have gotten 100 times to "write these things down you will never remember them!" Which is the truth by the way. Siera at one point in her young life was pretty funny in her own right and now do you think I can remember a thing she said? No. She is funny now, in that 9 year old way that only other 9 year olds find absolutely hilarious, and as a parent I just scratch my head at! :) So here are a few of the funnies I can remember....
1) Taylor was sick earlier this fall with a cold and a sore throat. When her dad was talking to her Grandma on the phone she told him to tell her, "Not to buy me any Christmas or Birthday presents just in case I don't make it." Apparently she felt pretty rotten!
2) RaeLynn was at Grandma's house sitting in her bathroom watching her put her moisturizer on. RaeLynn asked, "Grandma what is that for?" Grandma answered, "to keep me from getting too many wrinkles and looking old." RaeLynns response..."Oh, it isn't working." She has that way of making you feel better about yourself that is for sure!
3) A little background information on this story. At one point or another the topic of having babies came up. We told our kids you should wait until you get married to have babies. Somewhere in RaeLynn's little brain it registered that you need to have a WEDDING to get pregnant with a baby. It kind of makes sense if you think about it, I married her dad and a few years later I had her, I married Owen and nine months later I had the twins. So when we told the kids we were having another baby (before we knew it was twins again) RaeLynn looked very confused and said, "how did you get a baby in your tummy if you didn't have a wedding?" before we could answer Taylor added her wisdom, "I know how it happened... they put it in there when they were in the bedroom with the door locked." (blush) I think it is time to sit down and have a little more of "the talk" at our house... YIKES!! In the end RaeLynn decided this is how it happened... "Aunt Callie got her wedding ring from Jordan, maybe you just got her babies in your tummy." So now I guess all you need is a ring not a whole wedding to get babies!!
4) Awhile back a friend of mine called and asked if I would bring Taylor, RaeLynn and the twinks to story hour. She was doing the hour that week and the topic was all about Monkeys. So I took them and sat in the back of the room with Ashley and Alyssa as the big girls sat in a circle to listen to the stories. My friend asked the kids, "Can anyone tell me what monkey's do?" Taylor answered, "monkey's eat bananas." another little gal says, "monkeys go OOO OOO AAH AAH." very good. RaeLynn not only raises her hand but stands up to demonstrate her response. She begins to reach around behind her tooshie and I immediately know where this is going but I just can not get up and run to the front of the room to cover her mouth, so I watched in horror as this played out in slow motion. She says (in the sweetest little 4 year old voice you have ever heard), "my MOM told me that monkeys poop in them hands and throw it at people!" (all the while acting out her story) And there it was... the entire room or moms turned to look at me and then we all had a good laugh! By the way, her MOM did not tell her that OWEN did when she was stuck on getting a monkey for a pet and he failed in convincing her it was a bad idea until he gave her that little bit of wisdom!
Okay my time for blogging has run out today as I have a sick kid at school and RaeLynn to drop off at preschool. But be assured with all that is going on in our house I will post new antics soon!!
Like A Newborn, Only.....
13 years ago
4 comments:
OMG! I talk to you on the phone all the time and haven't heard most of those stories! That just made my whole day!!! Too funny
oh my gosh how FUNNY!! Definately a good thing you wote those down... its just to bad you didn't get a video of your little monkey throwing her poop. LMAO!
Oh goodness! We have the same problem at our house. I love the baby one! And I agree a video of the monkey would of been great.
Hehehe! Kids are funny stuff!
Post a Comment